I have a 20 year interest in bread making, with a short stint as a professional. My baking is now done in a backyard wood-fired oven — v.1 upper right, v.2 lower right — and is primarily focused on pizza.
Helpful resources include:
- Calvel, R., Wirtz, R. L., MacGuire, J.J., (2013). The Taste of Bread: A translation of Le Goût du Pain. Springer Science & Business Media.
- Denzer, K (2007). Build Your Own Earth Oven. Hand Print Press.
- Hamelman, J. (2012). Bread: a baker’s book of techniques and recipes. Wiley.
- Miscovich, R (2013). From the Wood-Fired Oven. Chelsea Green Publishing
- and every article written by James MacGuire for ‘The Art of Eating’.